Thursday, March 28, 2013

Looking for packing material? Easter Grass!


Popcorn?  Ghost Poop a.k.a. packing peanuts?  Newspaper?  Grocery bags?  Bubble Wrap?  I've heard of lots of different materials that can be used to make sure your care package contents arrive safely and while they all have their place my favorite by far is Easter grass.  Not the shredded plastic kind but the crinkly shredded paper kind.  Not only does it help keep your items safe but it looks adorable!  You can find crinkly shredded paper at any craft store and often in the gift wrap section of your local store but right now it's Easter and it's everywhere and CHEAP!!  I picked up lots today and found it for $1.37 a bag at Walmart - they had yellow, green, orange, fuchsia, light pink, light blue, purple and white. You could wait until the weekend or maybe even pick some up on clearance the day after Easter...but I was worried they would be out and like I said, I need lots. Jeff hates the shredded plastic kind that has static cling in it and sticks to everything and won't come off your hand when you try to throw it away (maybe it's just my magnetic personality?) so I haven't bought any of that kind for a very long time.  After the kids are finished opening their baskets this weekend you'll find me bagging up their shredded paper to use in an upcoming package. 
 
What's your favorite packing material?

7 comments:

  1. My college kids send wadded up homework in their packages home........

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're a musical family.. singing together is one of our favorite things. One Christmas when the whole clan was getting together in Texas, I was at the bedside of my very ill father in Idaho. I was feeling pretty blue about not getting to see my kids and grandkids and missing all the fun. My sweet daughter-in-law put together a package for me full of silly, make you smile things and the packing material included wadded up songs like "I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You". So sweet and thoughtful.. I've never forgotten it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so touching! It sounds like you have a wonderful family. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. I like to use bubble wrap when I need to secure some things that are to be delivered. I think I can make use of these shredded papers since I have lots of it at home. I better make them a little colorful by soaking it in paint. What d’you think, Shalan? :)

    Ruby Badcoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bubble wrap is indeed amazing only I can't seem to get my kids to stop popping the bubbles so I can use it. It's like a TOY around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspirational work. Keep it up.
    Great information and well written.
    Simran Kaur
    Accounts Software For Small Business

    ReplyDelete